U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | scrapey gum printing

scrapey gum printing

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: scrapey gum printing
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:12:19 -0600

Dear All,
I have uploaded 2 recent images, 2 comparisons each, to my Family of Origin series at the URL below. Both show the more scrapey process I have been working with in gum. Also, the Sunbather image shows the severe damage that occurs with slides that are wet, molded, and stored horribly. I chose to print those in all their glory. No mold or dust or scratches are removed and images are printed "as is" except for the scraping process.I bet Gawain Weaver has seen a few of these in his tenure at Eastman House. I personally find them fascinating in their natural desecration.

What I use to scrape with which is an incredible little tool is a teeny slanted brush called the 1/8 Connoisseur 066 W-Taklon Scrubber. It will take off anything...

http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/portfolio.cfm?nK=5571&nS=12&nL=1

Chris

PS and Gregg Kemp, I wholeheartedly agree--this list is the BOMB! Gees, I wished **I** lived near Diana and she'd lend me her UVBL too!!!

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/