U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum: earasing a whole layer

Re: Gum: earasing a whole layer

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Gum: earasing a whole layer
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 01:32:49 +0300 (EEST)

Yes, I keep brushing and brushing - especially in the darkest part of the
image, they don't come off easily...

I used the same - soft, watercolor wash - brush I use for smoothing the
coating. Some dabbing is needed in the shadows (they're stubborn). If the
underlying coatings had enough exposure + were developed to completion,
they won't come off -> but you can loose some delicacy.

I think other (more experienced) people may add many tips about erasing
layers since I have only removed one layer up now. I don't want to (and
hope I will not have to) resort to that type of manipulation again, it's
too stressful...

1 Ekim 2008, Çarşamba, 3:19 am tarihinde, Dave S yazmış: