U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Yah, good prices.

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Loris Medici wrote:

There are acacia trees here but I don't think they're the same species
which they gather gum arabic.

My comment "can buy locally" means exactly what you read. It doesn't
(shouldn't) imply that it is harvested locally. I can buy a kg (= will
make 2500ml working solution) of high quality (= food grade, very little
or no alien content) powdered gum arabic for $12 here in Istanbul. (About
half of this for a kg of ammonium or potassium dichromate) I guess these
are good prices, right?

---

Loris, forgive my ignorance, but are there acacia trees growing
there, so gum arabic is a local product?