U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | exhibit

exhibit

I thought I'd mention, especially for anyone who might be in the Philadelphia area, that both Rita Bernstein and I are in a small group show with 4 other folks at the Nexus Foundation in Philadelphia, which opens October 9. It's called "Toyland," which features images by photographers who use toy cameras for much of their work. I *think* Rita and I are the only two who are showing alt process work. Rita is showing her prints that are silver emulsion on Japanese gampi paper (amazing work), and I'm showing all tri-color gum prints. So, if you're in the area, do stop in. In connection with the exhibit, Project Basho is hosting a panel discussion with the artists on October 17, and I'm also scheduled to teach a toy camera workshop that same weekend (Oct 18-19).
http://www.nexusphiladelphia.org/toyland.html

I also just wanted to thank all the folks here who've written about gum-printing-- either posted about it here or elsewhere (or posted their inspiring images), as well as those who answered all my never- ending questions off-list-- a major help when printing this work! I don't think I would have ever attempted gum-printing had I not taken Kerik's gum over pt/pd workshop at Project Basho. I was getting somewhat bored with straight pt/pd prints, and the added element of gum made it seem fresh again. But I really like the process itself, despite the time it takes (and it's so much cheaper than pt/pd!).

Diana