U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: oilprint second try

Re: oilprint second try

Dag Henk,

For bromoil I'm also using litho inks (charbonel, G&C) and sometimes the non-coloured G&C extender with added powder pigments. I asked this question to know if an oilprint in your opinion, needs the same stiff inks as a bromoil. So your answer is: yes it does. As a listlurker from 'the old days' I had allready seen and printed Klaus Pollmeier's receipe - and wondered if the, maybe more fragile, gelatin of an oilprint indeed needed some little pre-hardening. I noticed that the non-hardened highlight parts in my gelatin layer sometimes don't support heavy inking resulting is a stained paper base in the highlights. So you probably are a carefull 'hopper'.

Have you been to eurobrom in Brussels this weekend?

regards,

kees