U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: oil on aluminum

Re: oil on aluminum

"rigid surface", as opposed to a piece of paper that shifts and moves
around when I'm trying to ink.  The works are rather large and my
thought was that the aluminum would be easier.  After some initial
signs that this might be a fruitful exercise, I'm now running into
many problems using gesso-coated aluminum.  I think it may have been
hasty for me to attempt to make aluminum oilprints without ever having
made one on paper.