U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum on masa, again

Re: Gum on masa, again

Katharine,

I don't think there are that much different batches of the same paper
circulate (as you describe in your previous message), because I ordered
two packs of this with almost one year between the orders and it wasn't
different at all.

This paper is very strong in water (= won't disintegrate) even if you let
it soaking for more than 24 hours. I know that because I've made carbon
tissue on such soaked paper and there wasn't a slightest hint of
creasing...

I didn't printed large (bigger than 9x12") on Masa and not many times but
never had that type of creasing in the stage of development too.

I had wrinkles instead (especially while using hair dryer between coats,
to work quickly).

I guess Keith would be more helpful in solving your problem with Masa...

10 Ekim 2008, Cuma, 8:17 am tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: