U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper negatives

Re: Paper negatives

Indeed, unoiled negatives require a longer exposure time. If there are
people like me who doesn't like to deal with oiling (because while working
I can put my negatives everywhere; on my printer's output tray, on my
keyboard, on my coating area ect. ect. and I'm kinda fastidious) then you
can just purchase a much thinner paper (such as freedompaper.com's 18 lb
translucent inkjet bond) and get rid of the extra step + extra care you
need with oiled negatives - with even shorter exposure times. For
instance, my exposure time with unoiled ordinary 80gsm photocopier paper
was 15 mins (20% dichromate), with the thinner paper it's just 6:30 (10%
dichromate), unoiled.  That makes something like 1.3 stop - without taking
the halving of the dichromate into consideration (= actual / practical
difference is more).

Plus, in my case the translucent inkjet bond is much cheaper than Epson
paper (BTW, I use 13x19" sized sheets - I don't even know if Epson is
offered at that size?) therefore I will continue that way, which I found
more convenient / logical for myself.

Thanks for taking the burden / sharing results.

12 Ekim 2008, Pazar, 1:12 pm tarihinde, Guido Ceuppens yazmış: