U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Paper negatives, UV issues?

Paper negatives, UV issues?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Paper negatives, UV issues?
  • From: francis schanberger <frangst@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:30:16 -0400

Sorry to jump on this thread so late but if it hasn't been discussed yet...

The debate whether to use an inkjet glossy paper vs. a traditional correspondence paper stock seems to mirror the choice of using Pictorico's White Glossy Film and their OHP transparency film. Brad Hinkel and Ron Reeder seem to get into in their book.

Do most inkjet papers have some issue with absorption of UV?

Their was a guy in grad school (OSU) a couple of years after me, Jamie Kennedy, who was doing beautiful, constructed paper negatives. I never got to see his process but he is still teaching in Ohio. Maybe at Kenyon College.

-francis schanberger