Paper negatives, UV issues?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Paper negatives, UV issues?
- From: francis schanberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:30:16 -0400
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;bh=2491F2Xlmj6zZiQ2uZVlGjEkz/NU704BHL6R7aRvu8k=;b=UcYj43Tgz/aTgvvjtqvXSz8H/scU90kKbIqqvQIR8KgN9IaBtN8fwcQqUWz8IgmnkNVRelMTbma8BEWUk+rR3h4uet2EbZizzR23Un0eBRbR+5MKI+lSe58IrBc39hQLkVv0Gl8P0KRyPeKh0EJlaETkiaxa7vsV8YI4Wu24QrI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;b=YxkQZkB58Nvudiu7dmoVXlW8h8L8UXOK+Pu2AHxtYTPPIiGRnmKGs/o02UfOLgqav5MpZiYhZ2ADGbo6jtNU7AEO3dUbjmTYtsjpTDJjwuAV0CzOcmvMDoup3ktxw9FtM8TtoG51axf+5K85lg4Vxj0t48eUQ18VJrPjnnfk7VA=
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Sorry to jump on this thread so late but if it hasn't been discussed yet...
The debate whether to use an inkjet glossy paper vs. a traditional correspondence paper stock seems to mirror the choice of using Pictorico's White Glossy Film and their OHP transparency film. Brad Hinkel and Ron Reeder seem to get into in their book.
Do most inkjet papers have some issue with absorption of UV?
Their was a guy in grad school (OSU) a couple of years after me, Jamie Kennedy, who was doing beautiful, constructed paper negatives. I never got to see his process but he is still teaching in Ohio. Maybe at Kenyon College.
2008/10/12 Loris Medici <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I can send you 4 - 6 half sheets (9.5x13", to let you test it) if you
like. Just send me your address privately...
I don't think it would be as expensive as Epson paper even with the added
shipment and customs fee. I live in Turkey (shipment fee is high to Turkey
+ we have notoriously high tax rates) and ordered this paper, it's still
considerably cheaper than any Epson paper. See my previous message to
I'm very interested in Henk's advice for similar paper that can be
obtained from any EU country...
12 Ekim 2008, Pazar, 4:26 pm tarihinde, Guido Ceuppens yazmış:
> I do use 13x19 Epson Pqp (super A3/ super B). I will try to find some
> of the paper Loris uses (cad inkjet bond) and try that as well, but if
> this paper has to be shipped from outside EU it will be as expensive
> the Epson Pqp when bought localy. I believe Henk had a source of
> interesting alternatives.