U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Frame color for cyanotype

Re: Frame color for cyanotype

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Frame color for cyanotype
  • From: francis schanberger <frangst@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:25:55 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=BVw9yojFHBr1VDUPqLe732/0UNzsa52IIkzL57X2O5U=;b=a++tZ+Yall6HluB/QoKew2RqvFa5vRL+yiEhVrsehsCVls2zpoVQQLmTUswE5F+7GDy3P0oN8zmNsvKZoz9bmyxnbW2nyVwpUSTs0cpC17CztmGLKO+azXGOw5dxx50v5NsI9idKES+uk9gpim1VHZLVZ8QwvusNpUIeSK60ce8=

Carole & Katherine,

I print traditional cyano, Ware Cyano and VDB. I prefer a hardwood frame like dark walnut, cherry and lately a stained birch from IKEA.  A contemporary white painted hardwood frame also looks great.

I have not framed my work in a black frame for ages. I forgot to read the fine print for a recent Tilt gallery (http://www.tiltgallery.com)  exhibition recently and sent them a my VDB in a walnut frame instead of the black. Melanie (Craven) had to paint it black.

-francis schanberger

www.frangst.com