3.  Same as #2 above but in a platinum color with a warm or brown patina.  This is my favorite for a classy look.

I like my mattes cut with 1/2 " or 3/4" border so the signature shows on the print.  I like my mattes bottom weighted.  I like a fairly good size matte so there is a nice amount of space around the image.  I like the matte the same color as the paper used for the print.

I use these for platinum prints and for inkjet prints.

On Oct 13, 2008, at 4:35:18 PM, "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net> wrote:
From:"Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
Subject:Re: Frame color for cyanotype
Date:October 13, 2008 4:35:18 PM CDT
To:"Alt List" <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>

Whenever I see a photograph framed in black, I honestly cannot take my eyes off that  black frame-- no matter how nice it may be-- it just takes my eye away from the print.   Well,  that's my 2 cents. :)

Agreed--the eye goes to the area of greatest contrast immediately, so as long as mats are white and frames are black, there you have it.