U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection&Baden-Baden

Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection&Baden-Baden

Perhaps I could chime in, because I use both. I begun working on F5 when I started resinotype, but I am using it for oilprints for the same reasons. As the layer of gelatine is yellowish, I chose a white paper in order to keep the highlights as white as possible. Among the paper I could find, F5 has a very good behaviour on shrinking and it is also cheaper than other papers (at least here in Italy). 350 g/m2 smooth has been discontinued a few years ago. There are also 300 and 350 g rough, wich I like mostly on the wire side, more pronounced than in other papers so that it becomes a distinctive feature.
Alberto