U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: SAME BRUSH; PT/PD & CYANO?

Re: SAME BRUSH; PT/PD & CYANO?

Hey Loris,

Well, I meticulously cleaned my brush, too-- and the first time I did
it, no problems-- after a very few repeated uses (both cyanotype and
pt/pd with the same brush)-- even after cleaning very carefully-- I
would get some slight discoloration, from the contamination. Not all
that visible, but I could see slight streaks-- very subtle-- but
under the right light, I could definitely see it.

Brushes (even the famed magic brush) are probably the least expensive
part of what we (I) do, so why not just buy another and avoid the
potential contamination and headache.

I also agree with the poster who said they use a cheaper brush for
the cyanotype coating. I do as well. In fact, I have a slew of
cheap brushes that work perfectly fine for me. I use the Richeson
only for pt/pd, which really does seem to make a difference-- for
that particular process.

Diana