Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: Off topic, photo history text question

Either Daguerre vs Talbot (or maybe post 911 USA and W pre Sarkozy). Sorry if that doesn't make sense. One to many birthday manhattans this evening.

-francis

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@videotron.ca> wrote:

Judy Seigel wrote:

Another wonderful book (maybe the school will pay for it?) is referred to as "the Frizot" -- it's "A New History of Photgraphy" edited by Michel Frizot... if you could believe, a FRENCHMAN!    English edition: 1998.

A FRENCHMAN!

Why does that fact merit being yelled out?   Is there something odd about this?

Regards,
Bogdan

This includes a wider swathe than any of the others... Contributors listed range from Pierre Albert, Stuart Alexander, Peter Bunnell, Ian Jeffrey, Molly Nesbit, Shelley Rice, Fred Richin, Pierre Vaisse, Mike Weaver and Colin Westerbeck... and those are just the names I was most familiar with...  Lots of others.

Tho then again, my hunch is the school doesn't want something that "worldly", but rather the USA as "the world" ???  Meanwhile, either of these books might be found used, and (different & delicious) gems for any library.

I open at random to page 265 of the Frizot to find a small inset, "Types of Russian Female Criminals."

Who could ask for anything more?

J.

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                   "I bear witness"

francis schanberger

www.frangst.com