U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum prints on gessoed aluminum

Re: gum prints on gessoed aluminum

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: gum prints on gessoed aluminum
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:00:08 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=vpemfZwqZ5pDTQowV6HWvgFt+5vFcRekT6KOeTIl/64=;b=Ghg5Gbtw6zG0zhI5bDQm0voR3MgilXHP9KRkKOJvhOC0XHZlUo+t8JDYtPBcsWOs/S9ohOOf8Xwar7MwV54cJiBp/2rUO8zX55GkHMF1CnGqvAbI12ZMY/DPkdryioE/BEhWY64wnf8rxrxGZFS8+gEQNI76z58Ut07Ey5F1M7A=

I made these prints today.

http://www.gumphoto.com/gessotest4.jpg
http://www.gumphoto.com/gessotest5.jpg

1) 1 coat plain Art Boards gesso
2) 1 coat 1 to 1 Art Boards gesso and ground pumice (thinned with water)
3) sized with glut-hardened gelatin
4) two coats of gum (I'm shooting for 1 coat, but I'm way out of practice)

the graininess is in the negative - shot at very high ISO and the
negative is un-oiled paper