U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | FW: Goodby

FW: Goodby

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: FW: Goodby
  • From: "Robert W. Schramm" <schrammrus@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:28:27 -0500

Check out my web page at: http://www.SchrammStudio.com

From: schrammrus@hotmail.com
Subject: Goodby
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:11:20 -0500

After 20 years association with this list, I find that it has deviated far from its
intended purpose and I am no longer compatable with most of its members.
I realize that political discussion has NO place on this list. I didn't start the
political discussion, I simply responded to it.
That was a mistake. I was
wrong to do so and I apologize for it. As a former "listminder" I should
have known better.

However, I was not prepared for what followed in the form of intense,
vitriolic attacks on my character. I was appalled at this. There
have been times in the last 20 years when I have strongly disagreed with
some member of the list but I have never posted anything nearly as nasty
as some of the posts directed to me.

I am too old and much disinclined not to put up with this kind of behavior.
I just want to be left alone to make art.

I no longer wish to be associated with some of the people on this list
so I am removing the alt-photo-process list from my list of contacts
so that it will only appear in my junk mail and eventually be automatically
deleted. The list will hear from me no longer. I suspect that will make
some members very happy. I'm glad if that is so for they sound to me like they
could use a little happyness, as they don't appear to be very happy
people.

So, goodby to my old friends on the list. You know who you are and how to
contact me if you wish.

Lastly I wish all members of the list well. Remember, you cannot be too thin, too rich
or make too many prints.

 Fini and -30-

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at: http://www.SchrammStudio.com