U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mortensen

Re: Mortensen

Judy,

Yes, but the fun is in the neverending search to find one that is unique!!!

Hehehe

Mark Nelson
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com

On Nov 9, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

BTW, talking of female body parts, I was able to see Adam Fuss's Vulva series (I don't know if that is what he called them) that if I remember correctly were daguerreotypes?? Someone can help me out here??? Anyway they were at the Corcoran Art Gallery in D.C. in 2005. Talk about detail...very dark and very sharp. But I cannot seem to find them on the web and I wonder what kind of criticism he received. I know Robert Hirsch was there, viewing them at the same time....so he might remember tho he is not on the list.
Chris
For what it's worth, I mention that that's one subject where if you've seen one, you've seen them all, but that the ad pages of Artforum have been full of grids of vulvas...closeup and in color, even some with variegated panties not covering the subject...Monkey see, monkey do? Whether they're aping Fuss, or vice versa I have no idea, but -- speaking of "equal rights", when are Fuss & co going to photograph grids of penii and scrota? ???

J.