thanks again,

Best Wishes,

Mark Nelson

On Nov 15, 2008, at 6:01:09 PM, "Jack Brubaker" <jack@jackbrubaker.com> wrote:
From:"Jack Brubaker" <jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Subject:Re: varnishes
Date:November 15, 2008 6:01:09 PM CST
To:alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Mark,

There are in the commercial printing business many "varnishes" that
are used like ink and overprinted on top of the image to create this
effect. These products are rolled onto a plate either offset or
letterpress and printed over the original printed image. They deepen
the printed darks and even out the gloss of the page. How archival
they are I don't know. They are used primarily in advertising and
promotion.

Jack