U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009

Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009
  • From: ric kb <ric_kb@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:34:31 -0800 (PST)

ALT-LSTRS,

I am new to the list, arriving this past summer. In looking over the archives, searching for names, I came across this from Feb 1998...

<quote>Hi!
There has been a bit of discussion about what to do and how
to do it in terms of photographic mechanics,
and since the mechanics of photography never seem to really change
(it's the same-old-same-old as I read the daily digests, re-solving
the problems everyone was having 30+ years ago, with a spicing
of digitalization).
What I don't see almost anyone writing about are (to me) the
much more interesting problems of meaning, how we do what we
do with the camera, why we do it, what we are trying to send out
to others, little things like that.
</end quote>

As a game, can anyone guess the name of the poster?
Hints: several books. well known teacher. in his later years he was printing digitally (using an Epson Stylewriter 1160 -- from wayback archives of his site)

richard