Thanks again for taking over the list!

What year did you take it over?

Mark
On Nov 19, 2008, at 2:09:58 PM, "Gordon J Holtslander" <gordon.holtslander@usask.ca> wrote:
From:"Gordon J Holtslander" <gordon.holtslander@usask.ca>
Subject:Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009
Date:November 19, 2008 2:09:58 PM CST
To:alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca

Hi:

I have been the only host of the list at usask.ca.

The list got started when I was following the photography usenet lists - I noticed the occasional alternative process question.

I posted a message asking if anyone was interested in an alt-photo mailing list. Around 7 people replied saying they were interested. I had no way of hosting a mailing at the time though.

One of the people to reply was Steve Avery - a graduate student in Australia who knew people in his University's IT dept. He volunteered to host and manage the list.

When Steve graduated he could no longer host the list. I got the U here to agree to host the list here at the UofS. The head of the photography program here at the time vouched for it being a service to the academic community.

I would like to thank everyone who has participated in the list. I started it so I could get some interesting alt-photo info read :) It continues to be fabulous reading, and a constant inspiration to produce work.

Gord

List Manager :)

--

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology