U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Calibrating Epson R-800

Calibrating Epson R-800

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Calibrating Epson R-800
  • From: Juan Miguel Jusdado <jusdado@teleline.es>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 08:27:46 +0100

Hello to all. I am planning to use PDN System to gauge my Epson R-800 and to print b&w it has more than enough watercolor paper. The calibration would be carried out this way.
1. - to open up in Photoshop the TonalPaletteInkjett 101 steps. 2. - to invest to negative. 3. - to print on the watercolor paper that I will use when it primes the final images. 4. - Escanear the result. 5. - to measure each step. The same as if it was gauging a negative. 6. - to write down the result in the Grill - TO - of the Leaf Excell. 7. - this will calculate me a Curve of Photoshop that I will keep with a name. 8. - to repeat the step 1. - 9. - to repeat the step 2. - 10. - to apply the Curve. 11. - to print the TonalPaletteInkjett 101 steps with the applied curve. 12. - Escanear and to measure. 13. - to check results.
If everything has been OK. To open final image in Photoshop, to apply the curve and to print. He/she would have good results. Is it this way?
I would like to know their opinions.
Thank you and pardon for my English, text translated by computer.