U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Glass Negative Help Needed - a bit OT

Re: Glass Negative Help Needed - a bit OT

  • To: cadunn@vt2000.com
  • Subject: Re: Glass Negative Help Needed - a bit OT
  • From: gumprint@gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:35:20 -0500
  • Cc: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=+I5PzkGow3XDKoWt0jbMpSyIqbvkyrKP4kcCJDP8tm8=;b=hIJD+Jxr/SLrQdwq1nJKlqtRwo09BE8IInBpAky8Dcxq9XI1JZnY3TY3DKdXy3/advKWOvIh2b7mg3OwDevCXv50WAJiK002qLElHbzLFLAdSMhS08lI+8UCED3jBu38KRUutTHkJnKS7ovY/h1T9VbZ7clPIrscDKPO2Lx9sw4=

Hi Clair,

I worked on the W.Bell glass plate collection for the Library of Congress; tens of thousands of plates that had been living with pigeons for decades. LC has proper storage down to an art.
The Library has a division devoted to conservation and preservation.  I would suggest you contact that entity @ http://www.loc.gov/preserv/
Also, the Prints and Photographs Division @ http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/

One more suggestion would be to contact Debbie Hess Norris, Photographic Conservator and Assistant Director, Art Conservation Program, University of Delaware

Good Luck!

Carole