U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Pinhole gums

RE: Pinhole gums

Gregg,
Sawdust development is my way of trying to imitate fresson prints. While the exact nature of fresson prints remains a secret (and has been debbated on the list many time), a unique feature was a sawdust developmnet. A wet sawdust mix is pourded over the print to speed up development. I just apply this to a gum layer, that is exposed somewhat longet then for normal development. Intermediate gelatin coats in addition to initial size might be required. This batch of sawdust is actually router shavings, more coarse then sawdust resulting in a very pronounce texture.
Marek

> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:00:35 -0500
> From: gregg@roanokesound.com
> Subject: Re: Pinhole gums
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Hi Mark. I enjoyed seeing these images, especially as they are
> pinhole. But I don't recall seeing the term "sawdust development"
> before. What is that?
>
> Gregg
>
> On Nov 29, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:
>
> > Wow
> > It has been so quiet on the list that I decided to post some
> > pictures printed over the holidays. They are gum prints made from
> > pinhole photographs. I have done the worst thing by posting the
> > originals as well, but maybe it will create some discussion
> > Marek
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/marekmatusz1/TricolorGumBichromatePinholePhotographs#
> >

> > Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows
> > Mobile®. See how.

Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now. Download now.