U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Artistico 300lb SP Extra White

Artistico 300lb SP Extra White

Was wondering if any of the pt/pd printers have used Artistico 300lb SP Extra White paper and if so how?  In Arentz 2nd edition Platinum & Palladium Printing book I saw the recommendation for acidification, but this was for HP.  Found a really great deal on the SP which is why I ask.  I am currently using Arches Platine and trying out the Twinrocker paper, I like the thicker papers.

I am just getting started in pt printing and haven't settled on any particular papers yet and don't enjoy a lot of experimentation... oh to be walking the forest trails and beach combing with my camera or making finished prints.

Subject matter I want to print now is winter scenes of snow covered forests and frozen waterfalls to be printed on the cool side.  The other is the California coast and some portraits that I want to print on the warm side.  I plan on using Rising White and Rising Natural matting for each portfolio to match the print and paper tone; will not show brush marks but the paper color around the image.

Any advice is appreciated.  Oh ya, the miracle brush is working out great... and it is sexy!!! I knew I was going to enjoy doing alternative processes!

Thanks,
David