U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: cyanotype question

Re: cyanotype question

12 Aralık 2008, Cuma, 3:31 am tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış:
> 7 Aralık 2008, Pazar, 8:03 pm tarihinde, Christina Z. Anderson yazmış:
>>
>> Anyway, here are my tests on Platine and FAEW:
>>
>> http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2076

> Wow, thanks much for that Christina. Definitely useful / helpful... As for
> bleeding with FAEW; have you tried to acidify the paper? I get none or
> very little (depending on exposure) with acidified FATW.

BTW, I tried this with Masa before and found that 2A+1B diluted 1:1 with
water gave a pretty pale print, "quickly". I haven't tested that with a
step tablet, only with an image and can speak only according to the print
I got... Also, with 1:1 diluted coating solution the ES was considerably
shorter than usual. (Because I got a pretty flat print from a negative
calibrated for undiluted 2A+1B.) I'm sure you already tried this and it
contradicts with your (and Sam's and Henry's) findings -> so I wonder if
it's my memory playing games? Will probably try this again, since I'm sure
the full color/density of cyanotype is overkill for realistic or close to
realistic color reproduction in tricolor gum -> so will have to suppress
it somehow, and I'm sure your tests will be very helpful to me then.