U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009

Re: alt-photo anniversary in 2009

Hi Ric,

I remember Arnold Gassan from the history of photography list, which had a wonderful spell some years ago... Is it still going?

I also have at least one of Gassan's books, which is wonderful as well... but I definitely disagree about discussing why we do this and the meaning of it all... That way lies madness, not to mention fist fights .... If we could define it, why go to the infinite, maddening trouble of doing it? (Not to mention that we could end up hating our best friends or anyway telling them how stupid they are -- or did I say that already?)

cheers,

Judy