U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Separations Using Indexed Color

Re: Gum Separations Using Indexed Color

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Gum Separations Using Indexed Color
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 10:27:53 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;bh=wFTeXU9s+RFFaIKxeN1LPpYyk8yh1uP9hVcDZYIqfIw=;b=oAUMA01YCM5jM18onJsrGPn8uW3+Wp7V5l7WDIwYswYB88AUOufjGl5o+JY+lkVnX5t/6eTf6BY+pIYzmgaY2WRfdV4PE7AHnGWh812Wfws9Je533B3emuXHeS29e8gq8FqKR5xxUl2BkIIKDWclYKXGSzEGICezNvvQGhPo03E=

I had discussed using spot color channels in order to add vivid and
bright additions of color in cases where my three-color gums were
using a muted pallete.  It works, but couldn't help but think that it
would be easier to just hand-color the images.

I'm not sure why indexed-color would give you an advantage with opaque
colors.  Did you try it?

Keith