U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Albumen paper

Re: Albumen paper

I use Crane's Kid Finish - it's a 100% cotton rag writing paper and is sometimes found in stationery stores. So far as I know, it is not buffered. It is listed at 32-lb. and is sold here in the U.S. as "resume" paper. Perhaps you could find something similar there. Some folks complain about the watermark in the Crane's paper. I've never noticed it in a finished print.
John

John Brewer wrote:

Hi folks

I want to make some albumen paper for printing wetplate negs. What papers are recommended and what weight? The range of paper here in the UK seems to be quite limited in comparison to the US, for example I’ve never seen Cranes here. What qualities does the paper need, buffered, unbuffered etc.

Any info much appreciated.

Regards and happy New Year to all,

John.