U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: question about NuArc exposure unit

Re: question about NuArc exposure unit

Typically called "Chipboard", not the best, as Sam mentioned, if you have a sign shop near you, see if you can scrounge up a piece of 3mm or so Sintra PVC sheet (they may have other brands). rigid enough for using under a plate, we use something similar on our plateburner at work.


David wrote:
I'm doing photopolymer process with Toyobo plates and also with ImagOn film. And I'm using a NuArc exposure unit for exposing my plates. The person who set up the unit in our studio but a piece of pressboard on the bed of the unit, so it lays under your plate and film. When I say pressboard, I mean a stiff "paper" (like a thin matboard) that they use in stiff mailing envelops or that you might find when you unwrap a new dress shirt--sort of cardboard without the corrugation.

I'm wondering if this is the best material to use on the bed of the unit, or would it be better to use something else like maybe sheets of print paper, or maybe nothing at all?

Thanks, David