U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Dichromate concentration question

Re: Dichromate concentration question

Thanks Keith, making me feel warmer already, it's only 0 here. Now for my 1/2 hour drive to school, with heat that only works some of the time (and never when you want it to)

erie

Keith Gerling wrote:
As I sit typing the temperature outside is -23F. My studio is a tad
warmer, but I have noticed a dramatic change in what I need for
printing times for gum. We all know that "saturated" solutions change
with temperature, and the cautious printer will weigh out the
chemicals. But is there a multiplier I can apply to my printing
speeds that will take into account the actual amount of ingredients
contained in my "saturated" solution of Potassium Dichromate at
different temperatures?