U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: copper prints

RE: copper prints

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: copper prints
  • From: Richsul Sullivan <richsul@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:13:02 -0700

Bruce,

Neither am I a chemist but here are two things to try:

Several baths of dilute hydrochloric acid 2%.

Develop in Dektol or HC110 for 3 minutes and wash thoroughly.

The first is a clearing bath for engraving black toner, the second is for my
platinum and palladium print gold toner.

Both are cheap and the materials are readily available so maybe worth a try.
The HCL may wipe out the copper but the Dektol might reduce out any wet
nasties causing your problem.

--Dick Sullivan