Re: conservation of albumen
- To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
- Subject: Re: conservation of albumen
- From: eric nelson <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:37:45 -0600
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=H3U2Tz9I5QAN7CJ11pBHz3uWEE//Wl881bCW9w4o13o=;b=yBqOh6SV98GihJQW/dUMQMKvuo97GzllVxMsxXuGlZ6HLqGlOyMprXgMkiGjMyyVAkHhdVMrE26zsOjnfDjmW/jLNNz7a1VLU6j1q2nLH/+HVbYP6NmEq1Y02StX0IWHaIITVIGq/0O1yhfLSeVpm7yhyOQuFTyCrwftHpuJ6ng=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;b=Lk2fVPv7BdzVtzT+BBWlVUnRgYJseWASkd4CPooFx1ZKI2XvnvuW81ArFKdv6eJ/iLbfhk2k6JtXmfvlX6iiRf+SPytc73MMnQG6bFZF5tLEWTOCzh89BfzLgrezCat7Ek+DhM9w9YQEjF5eWpU7fC31BR3vdCrVhGyejnNXV4M=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Coated paper will last indefinitely
Sensitized paper, at most 24 hours and you will see it start to fog.
Determining whether your albumen solution has gone bad is a subjective process looking for a bad smell, as opposed to the normal smell of the albumen, and if you see anything floating in the solution it is usually a good clue to dump it.
I've never used a solution more than a couple weeks or so old with the clock starting once the fermentation process has completed, according to the Reilly timetable. I keep the solution refrigerated for the entire time it's not in use as well as the fermentation time, and not frozen.
2009/1/19 Loris Medici <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Why not mixing in batches, just enough to coat the needed amount of
sheets? (Like say... 40 11x16" - quarter size - sheets at a time.)
Albumenized papers can be stored for much longer than a year...