U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cuprotype

Re: Cuprotype

Hi Alberto
I don't think that the Arches Plantine has an Alkaline buffer but from Christines latest posting you may have the answer to my problem. I didn't use acetic acid in the wash so I will try that, as well as I will try Jim Patterson's suggestion of citric acid.
Thanks
Bruce

Quote from Christina Z. Anderson email
The WASH of dilute acetic acid is to remove the ferricyande toner out of the paper. If ferricyanide is not removed from the paper, it auto- decomposes after some time to iron ferricyanide, the blue stain. If your tap water has iron, use distilled water. Also a 1% citric acid wash may work better than the acetic acid wash.

Thanks,Jim Patterson