U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: what to do with brush between pt/pd coating?

RE: what to do with brush between pt/pd coating?

That's the method I use also.

On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:42:51 PM, "Nelson, Donald W" <donald.w.nelson@intel.com> wrote:

From:"Nelson, Donald W" <donald.w.nelson@intel.com>
Subject:RE: what to do with brush between pt/pd coating?
Date:January 26, 2009 2:42:51 PM CST
To:"alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca" <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>

Arentz teaches the students to rinse the brush in tap (fitered), then into distilled for a quick rinse and a shake until moist, then hang. Prior to coating the next print, its into the distilled and a shake until damp (actually a flick).

Not much chemistry in the brush after coating.

Anyway, a small price to pay for consistency in coating – at least you know that you don’t have Ferrous compounds in the brush.

Bottom line – choose a method and be consistent. Whether its wrapping the brush between coatings or wash/hang.