U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Astronomy Pinhole Picture of the Day

Re: Astronomy Pinhole Picture of the Day

Careful on the scanning - each pass through the scanner does tend to
fog the negative a bit. Also, if you set the scanner at a high enough
resolution that your scanner pauses partway through the scan, you'll
likely see a fogged "step" in the scan from there on. I've been using
paper negatives of about 5x7 inches, and then scanning at 24 bits, 600
dpi. For my particular scanner, if I scan higher than that, the
scanner pauses and the final scan shows a distinct break between the
two parts of the scan.

I have six cameras planted until June 21st, soaking up the rays. Run
stuff.

Here are some scans from last year, but they are mixed in with
overnight pinhole photos of the moon:

http://greggkemp.com/simpleviewer/lunar-solar/

images # 8 - 12 are pinhole solargraphs.

Gregg