U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: More to see in NYC (Hint: Sookang Kim) (fwd)

RE: More to see in NYC (Hint: Sookang Kim) (fwd)

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: More to see in NYC (Hint: Sookang Kim) (fwd)
  • From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:41:58 -0500 (EST)

I forwarded our discussion about her process to Sookang (and am going to forward getting on the list), and here's her reply... which may be clearer, and certainly more authentic, than my guesses: But I also understand that the Sepia Gallery on 24th St -- even after the current show is over -- has some of Sookang's prints on hand, and will show them on request.

But anyway this discussion would make a LOT more sense if you've seen the prints... There are also a bunch of other great shows in NYC now, including at the Whitney & Metropolitan. (They probably do that on purpose when the wweather is WORST) if someone needs extra incentive to visit.
J.