Re: New UV lightbox
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: New UV lightbox
- From: eric nelson <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:10:51 -0600
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;bh=Rkz90cvnT609g8H6/y0/Dez8B98+qvO0GtNEdBq85DY=;b=dSyUIwaRDt8jCkwyIVWVMEg9j6Pt2mFcIeNHKcUbX2LGcsDGgdOMzZVUofwBfQ7bHBosKlx6ARZ6zJlQxiXttc7ZEo7SeQrtn6yPluBBpZaUQJI1U4AXtxO7EYm6T4q602heV8RBfEjShssCD2Uf8aT6Z/3FlTOF335/myy8IMo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;b=SJPd9PLoLU06PsqkpYSWhWS7Fad0fZQcRqyZo1FbiQqGUrOccgjdvo27tQWjBEjyil9kl0nkmz+n+H+Oftq2D2y8fOJmdF0CTnzdLCJm1hdLsqd9+Nknt923Fw2VRYlEnX5xM3UIBr7BnW31y9J8+xELfaKnoJTCsaVxB4pOHvQ=
- In-reply-to: <9D538602-88D3-475A-BE2E-7965C83E64FE@telusplanet.net>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- References: <9D538602-88D3-475A-BE2E-7965C83E64FE@telusplanet.net>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I used the instructions from Nadeau's platinum book over 15 years ago and the thing still works fine. It covers grounding etcetc. Just follow those instructions and you'll be fine.
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Ken Sinclair <email@example.com>
Becoming more than frustrated with s-l-o-w exposures (2 to 3 hours for Cyanotypes)
in winter sunlight for exposing my alt work, I finally decided to bite the bullet and
go for physical comfort and consistency (bypassing the trips out to the sunlit deck
when the temperature is well below freezing) and build myself a UV light box.
I have now taken possession of my set of new 20" BL tubes and ballasts. A few years ago,
there was some discussion about "grounding" the ballasts. I am wondering if something
like a thin aluminum (~ 1/32" thick) 'sheet' between the ballasts and the ¾" plywood sheet
that support the BL tubes' 'tombstones' on the underside. Would there be any safety 'benefit' in
attaching a similar sheet of aluminum between the tubes and the ¾ " plywood?
Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)