U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum on wood panel

Re: gum on wood panel

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: gum on wood panel
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:01:11 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding;bh=L5hjVjNxNGLpnWM6HM+CV38LSEj4atfKksj5FaRpldA=;b=pEhEC2G2QRMGHsVs/w6A9d7cCb/J+Oq6rH4ruHlglOXF5qfY6LcLD8HwfyfZr+xINHT4m2pRzZCPF197IL3L7MNWqQ/HPopJme6AJ4WzhCqss/OBRSv279bu5W5BaAyDQwstKb7YD0z8UrezF9NfeTJTIUhXTY+r6N6xCDUySp8=

Hi Jake,

The print is four layers from three paper negatives:  1st coat
magenta, then yellow, then cyan, then another layer using the magenta
negative with higher contrast coating of burnt umber.  Everything is
registered with an old icepick and I use thumbtacks on the sides of
the half-inch wood to keep it all together until I plop a heavy piece
of coffee-table glass (30 bucks at Hobby Lobby) on top of it under the
NuArc light source.  Developed conventionally by floating face down in
a tray of water.  Using a hair dryer to hasten the process, the entire
print was completed Saturday.

Thanks for your comments!