U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Displaying alt prints

Displaying alt prints

Dear List,

FWIW, I would like to share my experience on this subject which has cut enormous outlays of time and expense in accomplishing repeated hangings at the gallery which has carried my work until the economics of floor space and costs caused them to relocate (still in progress).

All my prints (~8 x 10", on various paper media) were matted (outer dimensions 16 x 20") and enclosed in Clearview plastic bags. These were held on metal panels (20 x 24") that were bent at the top to provide a lip for hanging, using 2 strong magnets. The panels were powder-coated with a cool grey-brown color that showed off platinum, Kalli or cyano-gum and other combos to great advantage (based on viewer feed-back).

At the end of a showing, all I had to do was to swap the old for new prints and voila, that was it.

Hope others will share their experiences to enable alt printers to devote more time to the thrill of generating prints that delight.

Rajul