U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT: Photoshop CS4 upgrade overpriced

Re: OT: Photoshop CS4 upgrade overpriced

From: Greg Schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>
Subject: OT: Photoshop CS4 upgrade overpriced
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 04:30:56 -0800

> $600 is 2-weeks of work for me and I am loath to give it to
> some Silicon Valley wonk so that he/she can continue to
> drive their Porsche or BMW whenever they want to.

FYI, those guys are bored with Porsche and Mercedes. BMW was
only for their college kids not for adults. The real guys who
have bunch of money are also bored with ridiculously expensive
high tech yacht since Tom Perkins did it. The next thing is
spaceship. When those rich guys fund projects to invent a
commercial spaceship with at least 3 passengers capacity, hard
core atheist libertarians like some of you guys out there can
get married in peaceful silence, outside the undesirable and
artificial influence of the noisy mankind, outside the
atmospheric layer of this planet, ever since some Soviet
scientists tried to do so. (but Bill Clinton gave them green
cards so this never happened)

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)