U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | 2009 F295 Symposium Information

2009 F295 Symposium Information

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: 2009 F295 Symposium Information
  • From: Tom Persinger <tp@tompersinger.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:25:20 -0500

The F295 Symposium is Coming!
The 2009 F295 Symposium on 21st Century Photography is approaching and we have a lot of great things planned this year. It will be held in Pittsburgh PA USA from May 28 - 31, 2009. The opening reception, lectures and round-table discussion are held in association with the Center for Arts in Society at Carnegie Mellon University and the workshops are held in association with Pittsburgh Filmmakers.

I thought I’d post to the list a run down of this years exciting programming. Complete information & registration information may be found on the website: http://www.f295.org/symposium2009/

Wednesday (pre-symposium events!) May 27, 2009
9am-5pm
Workshop: Tintypes: Dryplate and Modern! With Jill Enfield SOLD OUT

6:00pm FREE public lecture:
Photographer Ben Long entitled Technology, Perception, and Photography

*************************************

Thursday, May 28, 2009
4-9pm: Symposium Opening Reception
The opening reception features the signature work sharing/open portfolio session, and an artists’ talk, and time to see all of the great work of our attendees! Our friends from Freestyle Photographic will be there with show specials and lots of products of interest to our niche community!

6:00-7:30pm
Lecture:
Artist’ talk by Carol Panaro-Smith and James Hajicek entitled: The Search for the End of Searching.
"....Over the last 8 years, James and Carol have been working collaboratively using the process known as photogenic drawing – one of photography’s earliest and most beautiful. It is also one of the most simple and direct processes that defines the very core of photography without recourse to the normally thought of requisite equipment and materials. Carol & James will share ideas about collaboration, their creative process and love affair with photogenic drawing."

*************************************

Friday May 29, 2009
9am - 6pm: Lectures and round-table discussion
Features lectures and time for questions with the following artists:
Michelle Bates
Dan Estabrook
Robb Kendrick
Jarosaw Klup
Martha Madigan
Elizabeth Opalenik
Mark Osterman.

*************************************
Saturday, May 30, 2009
6:00pm Exhibition Opening: TBA
9am-5pm Workshops all day. A number of the workshops are nearing capacity. If interested sign up ASAP. Please note that to take a workshop one must be registered for the symposium.
The Fugitive Shadow w/ France Scully and Mark Osterman
Lens-Building and Optical Effects (2 days) w/ Alan Greene
Working in the Cultural Landscape w/ Craig Barber
Printing with Gum Bichromate (2 days) w/ Scott McMahon
SOLD OUT! Three Day Daguerreotype Workshop (3 days, Sat, Sun, & Mon) w/ Jerry Spagnoli
Toying with Plastic Cameras  w/ Michelle Bates

*************************************
Sunday May 31
Workshops: 9am – 5pm
Non-Destructive Image Editing with Photoshop w/ Ben Long
Lens-Building and Optical Effects (2 days) w/ Alan Greene
Photography Walk-About w/ Tom Persinger and Jo Babcock
Printing with Gum Bichromate (2 days) w/ Scott McMahon
SOLD OUT! Three Day Daguerreotype Workshop (3 days, Sat, Sun, & Mon) w/ Jerry Spagnoli

6pm Sunday. Closing gathering.

*************************************

Complete information may be found on the website: http://www.f295.org/symposium2009/

See you in Pittsburgh!