U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Okay, on my page I've replaced the cropped jpeg from the blog with the uncropped jpeg of the same print, directly from the auction catalog, and now we have for sure the three prints: (1) the print that belonged to the Metropolitan and was auctioned for $2.9 million, gum over platinum; (2) the print that still belongs to the Met, platinum with applied color, (3) the print that belongs to MOMA, identified as platinum and ferroprussiate.

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Steichenpond.html

Now, where the heck were we....oh yes, we were discussing whether Steichen may have used a reversed negative for the blue in the sky for (3) or even for (1). Geesh,
Katharine