U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'
  • From: Argon3@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:03:58 -0400 (EDT)

You know, I actually SAW one of these prints live and in person in the 150 years of photography show when it was at the Art Institute here in Chicago.  It was, I remember, the one with a more blue-ish cast to it and I was impressed both by how large it was and how dark it was.

I'm trying to remember where the catalogue from the show is so that I can look it up an see which collection it came from.  I'd give odds that this particular print came from The Met because they were one of the organizing museums behind the show but I'll look and see so that I can tell you fer sure.

I just checked to see if the Art Institute of Chicago had a print in its collection but it looks like they don't.  Here's a link to as many Steichens as they have on-line:

http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/search/citi/artist_id%3A1251

...submitted for your amusement and edification.

Best

JG

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)