U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Samples of Pd with Na2

Samples of Pd with Na2

I haven't posted samples of my work previously, but thought, given the recent talk of Na2 with Palladium, developed in PO,  I'd post a few links, as this is my process.  I used to work with the Weston, but now use Arches Platine.  Some of these were also printed on COT 320. I struggled for a long time with DR, and only recently feel I've gotten a good effective speed for my film (now FP4 after a year with HP5 and two years with TriX), and my developer (HC110, Jobo tank, Beseler motor base), and I can run with a very, very minimal application of Na2.  Na2 is great, but with much more than a drop of 10% in a mix of 16 drops each of Pd and FO (for an 8x10), it shifts the color, it makes for less smoothness, and it impacts exposure time. I feel like zero Na2 is also not a good formula for me. Seems like the coating is more even, color is better.

So, these are some examples of 8x10 portraits.  I also shoot still life and hope to scan and post some of these soon.

http://nealwilsonstudio.com/sophie.html
http://nealwilsonstudio.com/PlatinumBoy.html
http://nealwilsonstudio.com/Dreaming.html
http://nealwilsonstudio.com/shaman.html