U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Help with print study at Center for Creative Photography

Re: Help with print study at Center for Creative Photography

Dear Paul,

As someone who considers Dick as a mentor, and who thinks he wisely -usually -says the 'last right word (without using words)' -on a subject, please take into account my bias....

Lots of stuff has been written about both Wynnn Bullock , and LOTS of stuff has been written about Irving Penn.   All interesting and worth while: on both photographers...

I find Dick Arentz's imagery more challenging, more 'hard to peg', and therefore , perhaps more worth your  study, examination .and conclusions.

 Is it traditional landscape, is it cultural landscape, is it personal reaction to an event, etc.?

Just an opinion; and aren't you fortunate to have such a 'Whitman's Sampler'.... from which to choose....

Wow, would I love to see Linda's work in person...I bet they're beautiful.

All the best to you,

Tom