U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Unusual cyanotype formula

Re: Unusual cyanotype formula

It is the same composition reported in
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Cyano/cyano.html
under "Dick Sullivan’s Recommended Formula", but in sciencecompany the Fe Am Citrate is 10 times lower. I believe it is a transcriprion error from the Sullivan's formula, whose volumes are 100 cc.
Alberto

Can someone here evaluate this unusual formula for Cyanotype chemistry found here:
http://www.sciencecompany.com/photo/cyanoformulas.htm
I'm referring to "Recipe #3: A modern variation"
This recipe uses weak concentrations of Ferric Ammonium citrate and Potassium Ferricyanide, but adds small amounts of Oxalic Acid and Ammonium Dichromate.
Can these two additions compensate for the weaker concentrations of the "main" ingredients? Or is the recipe simply misprinted?
TIA
Marco