From: etienne garbaux [mailto:photographeur@nerdshack.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:44 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Artists' tape

Ike wrote:

>The 3M replacement is 3051.  I think its even lower tack than the old
>stuff.  It's hard to find but this place carries it.

Interesting -- several others have mentioned low-tack tapes,
also.  Perhaps we should discuss what people use artists' tape for,
and what properties they find valuable (or perhaps I should have said
what I was after more clearly).  In my case, I don't want a low-tack
tape (well, I do, but there are several low-tack tapes that work
fine).  What I'm after is the good old high-tack artists' tape.  The
old Scotch artists' tape was terrific because although it had high
tack and the adhesive didn't fail over time, it came off cleanly and
the adhesive never yellowed paper substrates.  I've never found
another tape with all of these properties.

I notice Light Impressions has Tyvek tape -- has anyone used it?  How
about Filmoplast P-90?

Best regards,

etienne