U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson R2400 inks density

Re: Epson R2400 inks density

One interesting point is the not-unexpected curve for black ink - probably
means that a black-only negative will be usable for a wide range of printing
methods, while a colorised negative needs to be matched to the alt process
it will be used for.
Are there any strong opinions out there about black versus colorised
negatives? (I'll be surprised if there aren't....)
I did already observed that in some cases the black ink was less absorbent than, say, green. This was because the green squares, giving a pure white, were surronded by a faint grey.
You observation about the use of black inks is correct, but this could be applied only to processes requiring a Dmax lower than that of the black inks.
Alberto