U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE:

RE:

Scott,
Toning before fixing might help preserve the delicate tones on the exposed paper. GOld toner is a classic for toning, I had good luck with platinum toner as well. The print is placed in a toner first and then fixed after toning.
Scanning of freshly exposed prints was not a problem on my scanner, I did not notice any change before and after scanning. My prints were classical botanicals exposed in full sun.
Here are some examples
http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/marek_matusz.html
Let us know what works. I found these very long exposures fascinating.
Marek

> Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:06:06 -0400
> From: sweber@mail.barry.edu
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Just completed a 90 day pinhole exposure on gelatin silver paper. Chromoscedasic print. The image looks good, but do I fix this? Maybe some thiosulfate? Or should I leave it? My plan is to scan it but will the light in the scanner affect the image?
>

> Scott B. Weber
> Associate Professor of Photography
> Department of Fine Arts
> Barry University
> Miami Shores, Florida
> 305 899 4922
> sweber@mail.barry.edu

HotmailŪ has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.