U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | argentotype

argentotype

I am writing a short article on VanDyke brown print for a school, and referring to the earlier Herschel's argentotype would be fine. I have not any details on this technique, only that it was a Fe am citrate coating developed in silver nitrate. I have a Namias' formula for a brown-black callitype developed in alkaline silver nitrate which might be a more refined approach, but I would prefer to find the original formulation.
Anybody has that complete formulation and a bibliographic reference?
Alberto